Subject: RE: [ws-rx] [WS-RX] Issue i014

Hi all,

As far as I can tell, the arguments for changing the name are:

1. that it will be consistent with the TC's name, and
2. that there will be 'significant changes' (it has yet to be defined
what constitutes a significant change) to the WS-ReliableMessaging
specification.

For the first point, other TC's have already produced specs that have
names that don't align with the names of the TC that created them, so
precendent indicates that this really isn't much of an issue.

Secondly, if there is no assumption or requirement that keeping the name
means that the TC is required to produce a spec that is backwards
compatible with the submission spec, then this is really a non-issue.
The changes that can be made to the document are outlined in the
charter.  The question of whether the changes are significant or not
seems to be more of an issue with what version modifier we decide to use
for the document, whether it be 1.x or 2.0.  This is a separate issue
from what the name of the document name should be.

The argument against changing the name is that it will add confusion to
an already confused market, especially to the customers of companies who
have already implemented the submission.  This seems compelling to me
and I would therefore favor closing the issue with no action.

Cheers,
Steve

Steve Winkler
SAP AG