Subject: Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: InOrder delivery assurance spanning multiplesequences

My $0.02 on this.

The WS-RX specification has a mechanism to ensure InOrder delivery for
each sequence.  Each sequence is identified by a unique identifier.  The
UID combined with the sequence number are infallible.

A "Sequence" is a transport level view on a series of messages.  The
transport components are tasked with assuring the sequences are
transmitted and received as per the tokens declared within the headers.
The presumption here is that the messaging layer probably does not
"set()" the sequence numbers - that is done by a higher level
application that provides the messaging layer with the content and
variables to build into a message.

If there are two sequences to be reconciled later because they relate, I
would assert that this logic belongs in a higher-than-messaging level
application.  The messaging layer and the WS-RX specification should
probably not attempt to define the mechanism or logic.  In short, I
believe it should be a slave to its master(s).

Anyone else?

Duane