Subject: RE: [ws-rx] i0019 - a proposal: (more complete)

Ooops, backtrack this: something is missing in your proposal Doug, that I didn't catch before:

-          remember this is the issue where termination is on sequence Fault from RMD side: the RMS does not even get a chance to do some closing.

-          So I think we should also give all Sequence Faults a "closing" semantics, rather than an actual "termination" semantics. When getting the Fault, the RMS knows the sequence has closed, but can still send a "close" op to get a final Ack. Then it would have to Terminate the sequence (unless it lets inactivity or expiration time kick-in).

-          Your proposal seems to be more appropriate for the twin issue  - reworded Proposed-01 -, where RMS just wants the final tab after deciding to not use the sequence anymore, regardless of gaps and regardless of termination process (expiration, inactivity, or TerminateSequence if allowed here)

Jacques

From: Jacques Durand
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 3:20 PM
To: 'Doug Davis'; ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [ws-rx] i0019 - a proposal

Doug:

Overall that seems to do the trick.

More Inline <JD>

A related comment:

-          the use of LastMessage marker appears now like a subcase of closing, where the RMD will close if (1) LastMessage was received, (2) all messages before were received.

-          After we are done with i019, I think we should reconsider how useful LastMessage is (I guess a separate issue). My expectation here is to keep the protocol simple. At least, I would like i019 and your proposal to NOT be perceived as making the protocol more complex... as I believe it makes it possible to trade one feature ("LastMessage") for another ("Close").

Cheers,

Jacques