Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Proposed resolution for i007 WSS 1.0/1.1 token support

All,

The specification at line 502 currently reads as follows:

/wsrm:CreateSequence/wsse:SecurityTokenReference
This optional element uses the extensibility mechanism defined next to
communicate an explicit reference to the security token to be used to
authorize messages for the created outbound Sequence and if offered the
inbound Sequence, using a  as documented in WS-Security [WSSecurity]. All
subsequent messages in the outbound Sequence and if offered the inbound
Sequence MUST demonstrate proof-of-possession of the referenced key.
Nowhere in that text is there any specification of a token format. An STR
can refer to *any* WSS token format, 1.0 or 1.1 and even those that are
not yet or not formally (by the WSS TC) specified. That said, I would note
that the WSS1.1 spec retained the 1.0 namespace URI for elements that were
not changed from the 1.0 standard. Only new elements and changed elements
were assigned the 1.1 namespace. Hence, this issue is moot since the
element referenced above is unchanged in the WSS1.1 spec. There is no need
IMO to make any reference(s) other than that which already exists in the
current draft.

blog: http://webpages.charter.net/chrisfer/blog.html
phone: +1 508 377 9295