Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Proposal for i004

"A message MAY be retransmitted for any purpose including communications
failure and MAY use the same [message id] property."

http://www.w3.org/Submission/2004/SUBM-ws-addressing-20040810/#_Toc77464
322

So as I said no further clarification should be needed in WS-RM.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anish Karmarkar [mailto:Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:29 AM
To: Marc Goodner
Cc: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

Marc Goodner wrote:
> I've looked into this issue and I believe it is not an issue and
should
> be closed as follows.
>

> Proposal:
>
> Web Services Addressing says that the wsa:messageID may be the same
for
> a retransmitted message. Therefore when a message is retransmitted
with
> the same wsrm:{Identifier, MessageNumber} pair the wsa:messageID may
be
> the same. The correct use of wsa:messageID need not be redocumented in

> this specification therefore this issue should be closed with no
action.

Shouldn't it say 'MUST' rather than a 'may'? Why would the wsa:MessageID

(or more appropriately [message id]) be different for a retransmission
in the context of WSRM? Or for that matter anything else in the Infoset
that is transmitted.

Also, can you point me to the text in WSA where it says this?

Thx!

-Anish