Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Proposal for i012

Isn't this conflating a reply with an Ack? Which can be different.
I tend to agree with Marc's view that you are pointing to a scenario
where anon AcksTo cannot be used -- in which case don't use it.

I hope I'm not missing some subtlety that you are getting at.

But there is another issue (which perhaps needs to be raised
separately): what 'anon' address means for AcksTo EPR is not defined
anywhere.

WS-Addressing Core [1] and section 2.1 says the following about 'anon':

"Some endpoints cannot be located with a meaningful IRI; this URI is
used to allow such endpoints to send and receive messages. The precise
meaning of this URI is defined by the binding of Addressing to a
specific protocol."

WS-Addressing SOAP binding [2] defines what the 'anon' address means
when used with ReplyTo and FaultTo in SOAP and SOAP/HTTP binding. It
does not say anything about what it means when used in other headers
such as AcksTo.

This is easily fixed by adding a stmt similar to WS-Addressing SOAP
binding. Something like:

"When "http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous"; is specified as
the address of the wsrm:AcksTo EPR, the underlying SOAP protocol binding
provides a channel to the specified endpoint. Any underlying protocol
binding supporting the SOAP request-response message exchange pattern
provides such a channel. For instance, the SOAP 1.2 HTTP binding[SOAP
1.2 Part 2: Adjuncts] puts the reply message in the HTTP response."

OR we could ask the WS-Addressing WG to fix their SOAP binding to
include not just ReplyTo and FaultTo EPRs but any EPR when used in the
context of SOAP/HTTP binding.

Thoughts?

-Anish
--