Subject: RE: [ws-rx] i0019 - a formal proposal - take 4

Title: RE: [ws-rx] i0019 - a formal proposal - take 4
Jacques,

There is a fine but important distinction between the RMS being aware of *how* the RMD intends to deliver messages to the AD and the RMS being aware of when/if the RMD has delivered a particular message to the AD. If you accept the "Commodity Quotes Service" use case as valid, there are places where the RMS needs to now *how* the RMD intends to deliver messages to the AD because it needs to change its behavior based on this knowledge. On the other hand I haven't seen any examples in which the behavior of the RMS changes in any way based on the knowledge of whether or not the RMD has delivered a particular message.

- g

From: Jacques Durand [mailto:JDurand@us.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 5:46 PM
To: Gilbert Pilz; ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

Gil:

I guess you can look at my example from the other side too: there is still value in the AS being made aware of delivery failures asap - even those that occur after reception -, meaning not waiting for a business-level handling, and if possible without relying on out-of-band signals. My example can also be used to make the point that the more the protocol is aware of, the better...

But that is another debate, if we ever get into it.

-Jacques