Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Formal proposal issue i025

Chris,

This seems more convoluted than necessary.

As I believe has been asked before on this list, why not change the
schema to include minOccurs=0 for
SequenceAcknowledgement/AcknowledgementRange? If the
SequenceAcknowledgement could explicitly say "nobody behind this
curtain", we could avoid using invalid Upper and Lower values. That is,
Upper and Lower are currently explicitly defined to describe an
inclusive range of contiguous message numbers known to the RMD. The
MessageNumber element values "start at 1".

Note that no words are necessary to disallow Upper or Lower values of 0
due to the above connections. I am not sure the "empty"
SequenceAcknowledgement option would require more than a few words to
make its meaning clear.

thanx,
doug