Subject: RE: [ws-rx] a meta-comment

+1

We should consider one issue (or a related bunch of them) at a time and try to make progress. Until the TC collectively decides to stop opening new issues (e.g. spec freeze for a given release), it always remains possible that a solution for some new issue may undo/update/replace the solution for some previously resolved issue(s). Of course it behooves us to be cautious in effecting new changes and ensure that the previously addressed issues remain such and all the past hardwork is simply not lost, at least not unknowingly!

Talk to you soon.

Thanks,
Sanjay

From: Jacques Durand [mailto:JDurand@us.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Thursday, Sep 15, 2005 12:23 PM
To: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-rx] a meta-comment

A meta-comment:

I am not concerned (or less than before :- ) about the "risk" that resolving a future issue may undo parts of a solution to a current issue. Taking an example: i019 and i028 have a proposal on the table that - I believe - works. It could be that the solution to a future issue calls for a consolidation that may undo parts of what has been accepted before (as long as all issues are still addressed) - we just do not know, and cannot know today.

I consider this as inherent to the incremental nature of the way we work. It may not look optimal, but its just part of the process. There is no way we can be sure that all we design today is final, as long as the set of issues itself is still not final...

Jacques