Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Relationship of ISSUE 008 with ISSUE 021

Ashok:

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashok Malhotra [mailto:ashok.malhotra@oracle.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:34 AM
To: Tom Rutt2; wsrx

Tom:

You can attach policies at the binding level.

This allows you to do what you want.

<JD> mmmh... rmpolicy says at wsdl:binding level. that seems to only allow port-level granularity.

But there are other problems.  As I see it, the

binding (or message) definition is for the messages

in the sequence - not the framing messages such as

CreateSequence, CreateSequenceResponse, Ack, etc.

So if we attach a QoS policy to the binding, which

messages does it apply to?

<JD> clearly not to these "protocol-signaling" messages, which are not exposed in WSDL. But I do not see a problem here - unless you want them to be reliable too? (I think there is a consensus that they don't need to - e.g. if a CreateSequence "fails" , an RMS may always decide to resend a new one. And if a stand-alone Ack is lost, subsequent ones will make-up.)

All the best, Ashok