Subject: i023 proposed resolution

Regarding issue i023 [1], I believe that definition of protocol mechanisms related to the proposed
resolution:

"RM Protocol to support RMD pushing back on the RMS for slowing down or
stopping (re)transmission of messages."

When the WS-RM spec was initially published, there was an accompanying white paper [2]
that made mention of a potential spec called WS-Transmission:

"WS-TransmissionControl – A set of constructs for controlling the exchange of
messages between services to improve reliability by preventing message loss due to
service unavailability, overloading queues and other causes."

Personally, I think that the issue of flow-control is orthogonal to RM and really should be
addressed as a separate concern.

Proposal:

I would propose that we close this issue with no action.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/14682/Re#i023
[2] ftp://www6.software.ibm.com/software/developer/library/ws-rm-exec-summary.pdf

blog: http://webpages.charter.net/chrisfer/blog.html