Subject: Action item #0033

At the last F2F I was given an action [1] to propose text to clarify in the current document that the protocol is at least once, and that the DAs are subservient to this protocol.

I went through the spec and the newly added text (since the submission) in section 2 is indeed an improvement in this regard. Below are three changes which I think would make this even more clear. All line numbers are from [2] (the version that we will vote on on 20th).

1) Line 151-153 says:
"It is the responsibility of the RM
Source and RM Destination to fulfill the delivery assurances on behalf of their
respective Application counterparts, or raise an error."

This isn't quite right as the RMS is not involved in implementing the DAs.

I would like to propose that the above text be replaced with:
"It is the responsibility of the RM
Destination to fulfill the delivery assurances on behalf of
the Application Source and Application Destination, or raise an error."

2) Line153-154 says:
"The protocol defined here
allows endpoints to meet this guarantee for the delivery assurances defined below."

To be more specific I propose that the above text be replaced with:
"The protocol defined here
allows the RM Destination to meet this guarantee for the delivery assurances defined below."

3) Line 158-159 says:
"Note that the underlying protocol defined in this specification remains the same
regardless of the delivery assurance."

This is text that was added recently. To be more clear, I propose that we change this to:
"Note that the underlying protocol defined in this specification is independent of the delivery assurance.
I.e., irrespective of the delivery assurance, this specification, for the non-error case, requires the RM Sender to resend a message until an acknowledgement is received from the RM Destination for every message that the RM Sender sends in the Sequence."

-Anish
--

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=1041
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/14785/wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-05.pdf