Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Issues with the email Repository

Title: Issues with the email Repository

This is a serious issue as it clearly affects the ability to correctly archive and reference the TC communications. I will follow-up this matter with the OASIS staff.

Thanks,
Sanjay

From: Yalcinalp, Umit [mailto:umit.yalcinalp@sap.com]
Sent: Tuesday, Oct 18, 2005 16:39 PM
To: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-rx] Issues with the email Repository

Folks,

I just submitted three new issues to the mailing list. As I complained in the last concall, there is an anomaly with the OASIS email repository.

Somehow of the issues that I have sent are not appearing on the mailing list correctly and this is not limited to me, personally.

-- Just to illustrate my complaint, so far, only the first of the issues has made it to the mailing list. The rest is missing from the repository. However, they made it back to my mailbox (as well as some others since I got replies about at least one of them).

-- The first issue I posted made it to the repository is as TWO separate postings, not one:

the first one (117455) has the issue name but empty ! [1] ) and the second one (117456) has no From and no Subject, further the content is only half of the original issue posting [2].

-- There are many messages that have no Subject/From that are in the repository, so this problem is not limited to me.
They are all incomplete, probably they are part of another posting. In order to see them, just list all the issues and "View" those which have no Subject/From. (i.e. 105266, 106855 just to name a few). You will notice that the email that is being garbled is sent not only from me, but others as well including Marc, our issue keeper.

Clearly care must be taken to submit to the email repository. The question is I am not clear what to avoid in the future. Further, this issue is affecting the tc communication.

Before we start blaming the barking dog for eating the email for the TC, does any of you have  advice to offer/may know a workaround? I am really concerned that we are losing the permenant repository nature of the postings and the capability to refer to the email, keeping track of issue content as the time goes by.

Thanks.

--umit

Ps. I am concerned that this posting itself may be subject to the problem that I am just complaining about and may make a good conversation about incomplete nature of references ;-).

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200510/msg00155.html
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200510/msg00156.html

Dr. Umit Yalcinalp
Standards Architect