Subject: NEW ISSUE: Classification of References is needed

Title: NEW ISSUE: Classification of References is needed

Title: Classification of References (normative vs. non-normative) is needed

Currently our working draft references are all over the map.

-- WS-RM: Lists most references as Normative, except those that are related to WS-Policy. [1]
-- WS-RM Policy Assertion: All references are non-normative. [2]

As one of the editors of this spec, to put all references as non-normative was deliberate on my part. IMO, the tc should make the decision about the references and which bucket they belong to. This is not an editorial decision and other TCs, such as WS-RF, went through each reference and determined where they belong to.

Justification: Obvious :-). We need normative and non-normative references clearly delineated.

Target: core, policy
Type: design

Proposal: Review each reference by the tc and determine whether the reference is normative. This must be done before we go to public draft (PD).

I think we can live with this issue right now and should not affect our first CD. For the first CD, I propose  we leave everything as is and put a note stating that the decision on classifying references is pending.