Subject: RE: [ws-rx] AS need for ordered delivery?

<SNIP/>

<JD> I notice though that TCP is designed - or implemented at least - so that the upper layer does not have to worry about packet reordering or numbering: so in effect TCP stacks interpret InOrder the same way we do so far in WS-RM: it is a black-box. Don't you prefer that to letting the upper layer "figuring it out" with packets numbers on its hand...?

<SNIP/>

Yes – that is exactly what I am implying.  A RMD is a black box that will be able to completely recreate the original stream as it was intended to be received based on a solid base WS-RX protocol.  What it does from that point on is discreet.  I am not in favor of specifying anything about the AD or any other upper layer.

My gut instinct is that DA’s should be removed all together from this work.