Subject: Prelim Minutes of 10/27 teleconf

Prelim minutes are attached.

post any corrections to the list before monday morning.

Tom Rutt

Title: Preliminary Minutes WSRX TC Teleconf

Preliminary Minutes  WSRX TC Teleconf

 October 27, 2005 –

Tom Rutt agreed to take the minutes.

1         Roll Call

From Kavi,

Meeting is  Quorate

2         Review and approve of Agenda

1) Roll Call

2) Review and approval of the agenda

3) Approval of the Oct 20, 2005 meeting minutes

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15061/MinutesWSRX-102005.htm

4) Administrative Issues

a> Review the CD I ballot result

b> Reminder for the Sunnyvale F2F ballot (closes on 10/31)

5) AI Review

6) Whether this TC should use “wsrx” or “wsrm” as the [product] token in the namespace pattern http://docs.oasis-open.org/[product]/yyyymm/

Jamie Clark to describe on the call

7) New issues since last conf-call

8) Issue Discussion:

a> i010: Sequence port spanning

b> i042: Which version of WS-Addressing spec?

c> i053: Which occurances within the specs, if any, of the term "URI" need to be replaced with "IRI"?

d> i050: spec talks about delivery assurances but does not clearly relate them to the protocol

e> i002: AckTo EPR and seq lifetime

f> i022: RM Policy Assertion Model's Base Retransmission Interval Clarification Needed

g> i023: Robust recovery from low-resource conditions

9) Any other business

Marc G suggested moving issue 50 to discussion at end, since there is no agreed proposal yet.

No objection, Issue 50 moved to end.

Bob F stated to discuss issue 22 near the front.

Sanjay asked that it be kept the same, since protocol issues should be discussed first before policy issues.

Anish: I need to start discussion on issue 002.  I would like to have this be deferred to next call.

Agreed to move Issue 002 out of discussion for this meeting.

3         Approval of Oct 20 meeting minutes

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/15061/MinutesWSRX-102005.htm

Tom R moved, Charlton B seconded to approve the Minutes of Oct 20 meeting.

§     No objection, Minutes of Oct 20 meeting Approved.

4         Administrative Issues

4.1      Review the CD I ballot result

Ballot for WSRMP wd as CD 41 yes votes, 1 abstain, 72 % yes votes.

Ballot for WSRM wd as CD 42 yes, 78% yes, votes.

Both WDs are now approved Committee Drafts.

Sanjay:: the drafts need to be edited to change the status on the cover page:

There were no objections to updating the status on the cover page.

Paul C suggested posting links on the home page to the CDs.

Agreed that the links to CD will be put on home page.

Tom R stated he would help Anish decide how to update the web site with CDs.

Doug D will make a new WD which restructures the text from the CD.

Doug D stated that the future working drafts will proceed before we have a next CD ballot.

4.2      Reminder for the Sunnyvale F2F ballot (closes on 10/31)

Sanjay asked that all members post their vote on this ballot before the end of the month.

Jacques stated he needs to know how many people will be attending.

5         AI Review

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/members/action_items.php

#0012: Chair took an action item to get a ruling from Jamie on CVS repository usage.

Owner: Paul Fremantle

Assigned: 2005-07-17

Due: ---

#0031: Open two issues around cancel / fill proposal and use cases

Owner: Stefan Batres

Assigned: 2005-09-21

Due: 2005-09-29

#0034: Abbie to raise new issue to have state diagram in the spec.

Owner: Abbie Barbir

Assigned: 2005-09-27

Due: ---

#0040: Ashok to write proposed clarification text on meaning of “observed” in this spec.

Owner: Ashok Malhotra

Assigned: 2005-09-27

Due: ---

#0041: Doug D will write new issue to characterize the piggybacking of acks when using an anonymous AcksTo

Owner: Doug Davis

Assigned: 2005-09-27

Due: ---

#0050: Jacques will raise new issue on the nature of reliable message endpoints

Owner: Jacques Durand

Assigned: 2005-10-25

Due: ---

6         Product token discussion

Whether this TC should use “wsrx” or “wsrm” as the [product] token in the namespace pattern http://docs.oasis-open.org/[product]/yyyymm/

Jamie Clark :  OASIS Staff:

We are trying to regularize our naming of documents.  TAB and staff have been articulating a more detailed set of rules, which are coming.  However filenames and uri values are of particular interest.

A normative production rule based naming scheme concept is not likely from OASIS.  Different TCs have different ways of carving the universe.

The TC short name is used in the namespace scheme for documents.  We rely on that token for the TC name.  All of our work is available only on terms bound to TC in question.

This TC needs to use ws-rx in the namespaces for our documents.

Sanjay: currently we have namespace uri which uses “wsrm”.  The token should be WS-RX in the tc position.

Paul C: the wsrm could remain.

Jamie: there is already a wsrm TC , so we need to avoid confusion with work of that TC.  We have not yet faced the issue of whether wsrm as token creates problems.

Tom: the wsrm TC produce is WS-reliability, so there is no problem with this ws-rx to use a product name.

Paul C: is it ws-rx or wsrx.

Jamie: it is ws-rx.

Paul C: I suggest we insert ws-rx  after .org/ in our namespaces to distinguish the TC.

Jamie: that solves most of our problems.  There might also be an issue regarding the name ws-rm.

Tom: Jamie should raise this with the WSrm tc.  They  can answer your question.

Tom: Does it matter for the CD posting if the documents are named appropriately.

Sanjay: it is up to the TC at this time.

Add Issue in the document identifiers in the document, and get documented.

Jamie : do it in the next pass.

Umit: we would like to defer to the next one.

Tom: Document Id on the cover page might be the only change for now.

Ψ  Action: Sanjay will work with editors to propose a new issue on the topic of using TC name in all document namespaces.

.

7         New Issues since last con call

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200510/msg00258.html

7.1      Proposed-01