Subject: [NEW ISSUE] Create Sequence Refused Fault is too restrictive

Title: [NEW ISSUE] Create Sequence Refused Fault is too restrictive

Title: Create Sequence Refused Fault is too restrictive

{
4.7 Create Sequence Refused
This fault is sent in response to a create sequence request that cannot be satisfied.
Properties:
[Code] Sender
[Subcode] wsrm:CreateSequenceRefused
[Reason] The create sequence request has been refused by the RM Destination.
[Detail] empty
}
We think that this is too restrictive and should allow any content to be part of [Detail]. The specification should not dictate interpretation of content of the [Detail], but should not restrict its contents.

Justification: There may be many reasons to indicate why Create Sequence may be refused by RMD. Further, sequence creation may be composed by security or other extensibility as CreateSequence element allows today. Disallowing [Detail] to contain any element, we are restricting extensibility and ways for tools to interpret the reasons for create sequence to fail. We think that the [Detail] element content may be used for including additional information which may be specific to a platform, composition or extension.

Target: core

Proposal: Allow [Detail] to contain any content, instead of requiring it to be empty.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/15001/wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-05.pdf

Dr. Umit Yalcinalp
Standards Architect
NetWeaver Industry Standards