Subject: Proposal for i022

Title: Proposal for i022

SAP favors removing two of the parameters that are part of the wsrmp specification[1] as a step to resolve Issue i022 [2]: BaseRetransmissionInterval and ExponentialBackoff. We agree with Bob's argument that these are more dynamic in nature and should not be specified in the wsrmp document. However, we disagree to remove InactivityTimeout (and Acknowledgement Interval) from the specification.

Acknowledgement Interval is important from RMS's point of view to determine the duration to wait for an ack, hence necessary for RMD to specify.

Inactivity Timeout is important for reclaiming resources. It is important for RMS to know when RMD may recover resources and hence adjust its rate of transmission accordingly.

We propose to remove BTI and EB.

Cheers,

--umit

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/14986/wsrmp-1.1-spec-wd-01.pdf