Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Revised proposal for i053

That's basically it. It's not really a concern on our end but we
detected on the last call when we discussed this issue that a number of
other TC members were concerned about it. Therefore we are proposing to
not change sequence id and only change to IRI where we need to for
composition with addressing. We felt that would satisfy members who had
concerns about using it more broadly.

I will say that in looking at it more closely I don't see the any
benefits in changing sequence id to IRI other than the "good thing"
argument. Since not everyone on the TC agrees it is there just isn't
much of a case for it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anish Karmarkar [mailto:Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:10 PM
To: Marc Goodner
Cc: Yalcinalp, Umit; Jonathan Marsh; wsrx

Marc,

Given that WS-Addr supports IRIs and the sentiment expressed (during one

of the earlier calls) that moving stacks to IRIs is 'A Good Thing', I'm
curious about the reason behind saying that the Sequence ID should be
URI and not changed to IRIs (other than 'current implementations have to

change' -- which is a perma-argument against almost any and every change

to the spec).

Thanks.

-Anish
--

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i053
.

> These are the references to URI that should and should not be updated
> IRI in WS-RM [1]:
>
> 111: keep URI
>
> 122: IRI
>
> 123: IRI
>
> 124: keep URI
>
> 291: keep URI
>
> 321: keep URI
>
> 357: keep URI
>
> 451: keep URI
>
> 511: keep URI
>
> 556: keep URI
>
> 613: keep URI
>
> 656: keep URI
>
> 695: IRI
>

> Plus of course add the reference to the IRI spec.
>
> 1 wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-05.pdf

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/15001/ws
rm-1.1-spec-wd-05.pdf