Subject: NEW ISSUE: How does a RM Destination reject an offered Sequence?

Title: How does a RM Destination reject an offered Sequence?

Section 3.1 lines 254 - 256 in wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-06.pdf says:

<wsrm:CreateSequence> MAY carry an offer to
create an inbound sequence which is either accepted or rejected in the
<wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse>.

However, there is no way to reject the offered sequence without faulting the entire CreateSequence message, as lines 348 - 352 also say:
/wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse/wsrm:Accept
This element, if present, enables an RM Destination to accept the offer of a corresponding Sequence for
the reliable exchange of messages transmitted from RM Destination to RM Source. This element MUST
be present if the corresponding <wsrm:CreateSequence> message contained an <wsrm:Offer>
element.

I believe this is inconsistent. We should either define how a RM Destination can accept an inbound Sequence while rejecting the offer, or adjust the text in lines 254 - 256 to say that it is not possible.

Justification: The specification should be consistent.

Target: core

Type: design

Proposal:
As noted above, I can see 2 alternatives. I believe the way to go is to say that it is not possible to reject an offered Sequence without rejecting the entire CreateSequence message.

Reword lines 254 - 256 to read:
<wsrm:CreateSequence> MAY carry an offer to
create an inbound sequence which is then accepted in the
<wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse>. If the RM Destination is unable to accept the offered Sequence then it MUST respond with a CreateSequenceRefused fault.

Related issues: none

Thanks

Matt
--