Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Proposed list of issues for discussion on the 12/1conf-call

Marc Goodner wrote:

>What about i050? I submitted a proposal for that issue last week.

DAs do have a direct impact on the mechanisms required for the RMD/AD
interaction.  Having to buffer received
messages waiting for receipt of prior affects the operation of the RMD.

The wording in the DA definition "or an error will be raised on at least
on endpoint" sounds like a condition of the protocol.

We need to understand the definitions of DA (for which the charter of
the TC)
"
The specifications developed by the WS-RX TC will define mechanisms that
support and allow the implementation and expression of reliability
assurances, at most once, at least once, exactly once, ordered, and will
not define mechanisms for applications to manifest reliability assurances.
"

This ws-rx TC Charter explicitly allows definition of  mechanisms for
"expressiion of Reliablity assurances" within the specification.

In particular the meaning of this "error will be raised" phrase (i.e.,
resolve Issue 49) needs to be clarified.    Will there be a fault seng from
the RMD to RMS in some cases?

It is premaure to Close issue 50 by removing all specification of DAs in
the spec.

Tom Rutt