Subject: Proposal for Resolving i057

Title: Proposal for Resolving i057

This is my proposal to resolve issue i057 [1]. Please note that I propose some editorial tweaks here as well. I will duplicate the content of each section below, Normative and Non-Normative and keep the references that belong there and add comments to those who should be moved, changed, etc.

--umit

Wsrm spec (07) [2]
This spec is pretty right on target, except the following couple of cases:
6 References
6.1 Normative
The following references belong to the correct category.
[KEYWORDS]
S. Bradner, "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels," RFC 2119, Harvard University,
March 1997
[SOAP]
W3C Note, "SOAP: Simple Object Access Protocol 1.1," 08 May 2000.
[URI]
T. Berners-Lee, R. Fielding, L. Masinter, "Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax," RFC 3986,
MIT/LCS, U.C. Irvine, Xerox Corporation, August 1998.
[XML-ns]
W3C Recommendation, "Namespaces in XML," 14 January 1999.
The following two references in lines 835-838 are not used anywhere.

[XML-Schema1]
W3C Recommendation, "XML Schema Part 1: Structures," 2 May 2001.
[XML-Schema2]
W3C Recommendation, "XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes," 2 May 2001.
- I propose we change the names of the references to XML-Schema Part1 and XML-Schema Part2 to align with the WS-RM PolicyAssertion document.

- I propose putting the following normative references in Appendix A changing line 858 to
{The normative schema that is defined using [XML-Schema Part1] and [XML-Schema Part2] for WS-ReliableMessaging is located at
}

The following reference is not normative in line 839-841. It should be moved to Non-Normative Section.
[WSSecurity]
"OASIS Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0 (WS-Security 2004)", Anthony Nadalin,
Chris Kaler, Phillip Hallam-Baker, Ronald Monzillo, eds, OASIS Standard 200401, March 2004.
The following reference in Line 842-843 is not really normative either. Either the language in the spec that uses it needs to change to SHOULD or it should be moved to Non-Normative.

[RTTM]
V. Jacobson, R. Braden, D. Borman, "TCP Extensions for High Performance", RFC 1323, May 1992.
The following reference is ok.
[WSDL]
W3C Note, "Web Services Description Language (WSDL 1.1)," 15 March 2001.
Note: We deferred this one.
[WS-Addressing]
D. Box, et al, "Web Services Addressing (WS-Addressing)," August 2004.
6.2 Non-Normative
This section is fine as is. See above for proposed items to be moved to this section.

[WS-Policy]
D. Box, et al, "Web Services Policy Framework (WS-Policy)," September 2004.
[WS-PolicyAttachment]
D. Box, et al, "Web Services Policy Attachment (WS-PolicyAttachment)," September 2004.
[SecurityPolicy]
G. Della-Libra, "Web Services Security Policy Language (WS-SecurityPolicy)," December 2002.
[SecureConversation]
S. Anderson, et al, "Web Services Secure Conversation Language (WS-SecureConversation)," May 2004.

WSRMP (02) [3] :
Since all the references were non-normative, below is my proposed classification:
4 References
4.1 Normative
[KEYWORDS]
S. Bradner, "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels," RFC 2119, Harvard University,
March 1997.
[SOAP]
W3C Note, "SOAP: Simple Object Access Protocol 1.1," 08 May 2000.
[URI]
T. Berners-Lee, R. Fielding, L. Masinter, "Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax," RFC 2396,
MIT/LCS, U.C. Irvine, Xerox Corporation, August 1998.
[WS-RM]
R. Bilorusets, et all, "Web Services Reliable Messaging (WS-ReliableMessaging)," February 2005.
[WS-Policy]
D. Box, et al, "Web Services Policy Framework (WS-Policy)," September 2004.
[WS-PolicyAttachment]
D. Box, et al, "Web Services Policy Attachment (WS-PolicyAttachment)," September 2004.
[WSDL 1.1]
W3C Note, "Web Services Description Language (WSDL 1.1)," 15 March 2001.
[XML]
W3C Recommendation, "Extensible Markup Language (XML) Third Edition," 4 February 2004.
[XML-ns]
W3C Recommendation, "Namespaces in XML," 14 January 1999.
Again we do not have any references to the [XML Schema1] and [XML Schema2] (lines: 253-256). But we have references to XML Schema Part1 and XML Schema Part2 and align the spec in the lines. I suggest we change the names in these lines to

[XML-Schema Part1]
W3C Recommendation, "XML Schema Part 1: Structures," 2 May 2001.
[XML-Schema Part2]
W3C Recommendation, "XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes," 2 May 2001.
4.2 Non-Normative
[WSS]
OASIS Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0 (WS-Security 2004)", Chris Kaler, Phillip
Hallam-Baker, Ronald Monzillo, eds, OASIS Standard 200401, March 2004.