Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Action Item #0053

In response to Paul Cotton's answers to issue (2) I have split the single RDDL document into two separate RDDL documents; one for the WS-RM namespace URI and another for the WS-RM Policy namespace URI. I have also included Chris' "namespace URI change policy" into the RDDLs for the benefit of human readers.

There are some other issues that we need to discuss. Chris has made a suggestion to incorporate the OASIS-metadata in the RDDL documents but I haven't investigated this fully.

- g

From: Gilbert Pilz
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:39 PM
To: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-rx] Action Item #0053

Attached is the proposed RDDL document for http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200510 and http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrmp/200510 (thanks to Steve Winkler for getting the ball rolling on this). There are a number of issues that need to be worked through the TC.

1.) The editors want to add links to resources describing schema and WSDL. We think it makes sense to pull the schema and WSDL out of the main specs and put them in separate files. These files could be pulled into the main specs before publishing as WDs or CDs. This prevents us from having to synchronize changes between the main specs and the actual schema and WSDL files.

2.) Can we/should we use a single RDDL document to describe two distinct namespaces? Will software agents be able to disambiguate between the links for the WS-RM schema and the WS-RM Policy schema? Do we need to maintain two separate copies of the same RDDL document or can we use some re-direction tricks to use just one copy?

- g

Title: Web Services Reliable Messaging Policy Assertion (WS-RM Policy)

Web Services Reliable Messaging Policy Assertion (WS-RM Policy)

December 2005

Introduction

This document describes version 1.1 of the WS-RM Policy namespace. It also contains a directory of links to related resources using Resource Directory Description Language (RDDL) 2.0.

Namespace URI Versioning Policy

It is the intent of the OASIS WS-RX Technical Committee that the WS-ReliableMessaging Policy Assertion v1.1 namespace URI will not change arbitrarily with each subsequent revision of the corresponding XML Schema document but rather change only when a subsequent revision, published in conjunction with a Committee Specification results in non-backwardly compatible changes from a previously published Committee Specification.

Under this policy, the following are examples of backwards compatible changes that would not result in assignment of a new namespace URI:

Normative Reference

WS-ReliableMessaging Policy Assertion v1.1

Schema

TBD

WSDL

TBD

Related Namespaces

WS-Reliable Messaging v1.1 namespace: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200510

Title: Web Services Reliable Messaging (WS-ReliableMessaging)

Web Services Reliable Messaging (WS-ReliableMessaging)

December 2005

Introduction

This document describes version 1.1 of the WS-ReliableMessaging namespace. It also contains a directory of links to related resources using Resource Directory Description Language (RDDL) 2.0.

Namespace URI Versioning Policy

It is the intent of the OASIS WS-RX Technical Committee that the WS-Reliable Messaging v1.1 namespace URI will not change arbitrarily with each subsequent revision of the corresponding WSDL or XML Schema documents but rather change only when a subsequent revision, published in conjunction with a Committee Specification results in non-backwardly compatible changes from a previously published Committee Specification.

Under this policy, the following are examples of backwards compatible changes that would not result in assignment of a new namespace URI:

Normative Reference

WS-Reliable Messaging v1.1

Schema

TBD