Subject: state table RMD 7D

Regarding the state table [1] cell 7D.

It isn't abundantly clear what it means for there to be an "unrecoverable error on creation". I must assume that this is different than cell 6D in that instead of the RMD being able to continue to function, it enters a FUBAR state. e.g.The RMD could crash or the hard disk be corrupted, in which case, IMO the state table reverts to initial state.

I would also point out that an unrecoverable error can occur at any point during the life of the RMS and/or RMD. I think that we need to characterize
"unrecoverable" as being just that, a condition from which there is no possible recovery. In the case where an implementation retains the sequence state in persistent non-volatile store, then I think that we must assume that "unrecoverable" means that the state is lost. All sequences for which this condition is true should revert to the initial state.

However, what this points out is that it is possible for the CreateSequenceResponse or CreateSequenceRefused to NOT be received by the RMS.
Seems that it would be an implementation detail as to how long an RMS awaits the response for a CreateSequence request message, but one must assume that
eventually the Creating state would timeout and cause a CreateSequence to be resent or generate a fault back up to the AS. In any event, this is implementation detail that I believe is out of scope for the TC/spec.

blog: http://webpages.charter.net/chrisfer/blog.html