Subject: i075 new proposal

Based on the discussion at the F2F I believe that we should remove
AcknowledgementInterval and MaxMessageNumber from WSRM Policy and make
them parts of the CreateSequenceResponse message.

The justification is this:

1) Firstly these are actually parameters of a sequence, not policy.
2) The issue of which values are in use on a given sequence is much
clearer if they are associated with the CS/CSR
3) It seems highly unlikely that these would be used in the choice of a
service. There might very very very occaisionally be situations where a
Source would reject the values. In that case the overhead is marginally
higher (a CS/CSR followed by a terminate sequence versus looking at a
Policy). However, I think this scenario is so unlikely that it is
irrelevant compared to the benefits of simplification.

I also believe that this helps shape up the dependency on the WS-Policy
Framework: it means that none of the operational aspects of the protocol
are dependent on WS-Policy. The dependency is only there if you need to
find out whether a service supports WSRM. (which by the way I *do*
consider to be a "policy" in the sense of the WS-Policy model).

So as an amendment to the previous proposal (thanks Anish), here is the
new proposal.

Modification to the WSRM-Policy spec
-----
Section 2.1 add new text to follow line 109:
"When a RM Destination provides RM services for more than one endpoint
it is RECOMMENDED that all the endpoints should have the same values for
RM Policy parameters. If the RM Policies are not the same then the RM
Policy parameters in effect for each Sequence is governed by the
endpoint that was used for the <wsrm:CreateSequence> message."
-----
Remove lines 113-114 (AI and MM parameters)
Remove lines 125-134 (AI and MM parameters)
Remove line 164 (AI example)
Remove text: "Line (13) indicates the RM Destination may buffer
acknowledgements for up to two-tenths of a second."

------
Modifications to the WSRM spec:
After line 302 insert:

<wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval Milliseconds="xs:unsignedLong" ... /> ?
<wsrm:MaxMessageNumber Number="xs:unsignedLong" ... /> ?

After line 326 Insert:
/wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse/wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval
This element, if present, specifies the duration after which the RM
Destination will transmit an acknowledgement. If omitted, there is no
implied value.
/wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse/wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval/@Milliseconds
The acknowledgement interval, specified in milliseconds.
/wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse/wsrm:MaxMessageNumber
This element, if present, specifies the maximum message number that the
RM Destination will accept. If omitted, the default value of the maximum
unsigned long will be assumed.
/wsrmp:RMAssertion/wsrm:MaxMessageNumber/@Number
The maximum message number.
-----