Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Proposal for issue i075 resolution (b)

Doug:
In such scenarios, is it correct to model the RMD as a SOAP intermediary during application message exchanges, with the appropriate AD addressed via the wsa:To header?
Thanks,
Nilo

 </snip>
 I think I'm the one not being clear  :-)
I believe the CS could be sent to an RMD manager (as you suggest) but
it could also be sent to the AD endpoint - and I don't think the RM
spec should say which one it goes to.  I think we probably agree on that.

What I'm pushing back on is the notion of explicitly exposing the split
between the RMD and the AD through this EPR you want to include.  As I
mentioned in my previous note today, I believe the relationship between
the RMD and the AD is out of scope for this spec. If an implementation
wants to have a single RM manager support multiple AD endpoints then
there will need to be quite a bit of communication/setup between them
to ensure that not only Policy info is correctly communicated but other
things like DAs.  A single RM manager could support lots of different
ADs each with different DAs - how this information is shared and
supported at runtime is out of scope and an implementation detail.  I
view this Policy information in the same light.

Besides, in the RM manager case its very possible that the RM sequence
could be established long before ANY app message is sent - this would
mean that there isn't any AD endpoint to associate with (yet).