Subject: Re: [ws-rx] i075: a proposal

I mostly agree with the statement below.

But I think there is an issue with the idea of attaching RM policy
parameters to WSDL endpoint given the resolution of issue i010 -- which
states that both RMS and RMDs can span multiple endpoints (EPRs) and/or
multiple WSDL endpoint/ports.

The fundamental unit/scope in WSRM is the Sequence and RM policy
assertion parameters should be associated with the Sequence rather than
a WSDL port/endpoint (I know that there is a possibility that we may end
up with zero RM policy parameters in the WSRM policy doc, but given the
extensibility within the assertion, there may be parameters specified
that are not defined by the WSRM policy document). Which is why, I think
it makes sense to include such parameters in the CreateSeqenceResponse
rather than in the WSDL. But there is certainly a need to advertise the
policy assertion/parameter through WSDL so that it is statically (before
creating the Sequence) available. But I view such WSDL attachment (RM
policy parameters, not the assertion itself) as advisory rather than
definitive. I think anything present in the CreateSeqenceResponse is
definitive. I.e., parameters in the CSR trumps parameters in the WSDL.

-Anish