Subject: First draft of WS-RM interop scenarios

Please find attached the first draft of interop scenarios that Doug and I have been working on.

Here are a few questions to the TC and what I believe are the correct answers. Do we want to test Nacks? Probably not, however scenario 1.3 could be used by those interested to test this. What about any faults? Expires?  Probably not, this starts to get into negative testing which never stops once started. We only need to do the minimum required to declare victory here. The scenarios in this document to cover the core RM features as well as new features introduced since the contribution. That seems like it should be sufficient.

Note that scenario 2.2 is included to determine an approach as to how a reliable req/resp could be done without use of Offer. We did not have a chance to fully form our thoughts around this scenario, however we felt it was best to not delay sending in the rest of the scenarios in order to complete that one.

Also, please note that there are no secure scenarios defined here. This is something else we will need to address.

Marc Goodner

Technical Diplomat

Microsoft Corporation

Tel: (425) 703-1903