Subject: i061 proposal / directions

Retitled to indicate topic better.

The proposal is in the issue list already. Not sure if there has been
any updates to this one or not, I don't recall any.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i061

Marc Goodner
Technical Diplomat
Microsoft Corporation
Tel: (425) 703-1903
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/mrgoodner/

-----Original Message-----
From: Yalcinalp, Umit [mailto:umit.yalcinalp@sap.com]
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 5:24 PM
To: Patil, Sanjay; Marc Goodner; Doug Davis
Cc: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Proposed list of issues for discussion on the 1/19
conf-call

+1.

Based on my experience/discussions in WS-A, it is not clear to me
whether there is yet a universal agreement to allowing anonymous Acks on
the backchannel since it will require a SOAP envelope on the HTTP
response just to be able to include protocol headers.

If the idea is to agree on this behaviour in this tc and push the
requirement elsewhere, that is an approach. Whatever we do, however, we
need to make sure that the protocol requirements are "allowed" to be
expressed since the stack /the specs need to compose together. Even if
we may decide to break/extend the rules here, if it is prevented by the
baseline specs it will not be desirable. Hence, we can not avoid taking
WS-A/XMLP into account eventually.

> I feel that the group needs to further discuss this issue on
> the mailing
> list first.

>I am quite willing to approach the WS-A WG chair with a
> formal requirement coming from the WS-RX TC once we discuss and
> formulate succinctly our needs.
>
> Thanks,
> Sanjay

--umit