Subject: RE: [ws-rx] [New Issue[ versioning policy

Since Chris has raised this formally I will ask that the proposal be modified to change the following text:

“It is the intent of the WS-RX TC members that the namespace URI will not
change arbitrarily with each subsequent revision of the corresponding WSDL

or XML Schema document, but rather change only when a subsequent revision,

published in conjunction with a  Committee Specification results in

non-backwardly compatible changes from a previously published

Committee Specification.”

to refer to “Committee Drafts/Specification” instead of “Committee Specification”.

This was discussed at the Dec F2F and the minutes indicate that we agreed to this direction:

> Gil: For subsequent CDs the editors change the namespace.  This is in Namespace evolution policy for TC.  The namespace will not change on subsequent WDs.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com