Subject: Re: [ws-rx] [i090] Use of offered sequences unclear in current spec

Comments inline

Daniel Millwood wrote:
> Without offer, when an RMS wants to send a message reliably, it needs to
> make a decision as to which RMD to send the message to, in order to get the
> message reliably delivered to the AD.
The RM spec does not define this. There is no definition of how an RMS
"makes a decision" as to which RMD to send a message to.
Unless you add a proprietary out-of-band mechanism, the RMS has to send
a CreateSequence message to an EPR. I am guessing that in most
implementations that will be the same EPR as the message is destined
for, but this is NOT defined by our spec.

> message to.    Now lets say the RMS has an offered sequence that it could
> use.  How does the RMS know that the offered sequence goes to the RMD it
> needs to send the message to?  It doesnt have that information.

It has no more or less information than in the previous case. I am
guessing again, that most implementations will associate the offered
sequence with either the ReplyTo EPR or the incoming sequence. Those are
the logical options based on the lack of any other information. (I'm
assuming no out-of-band config). But again the spec doesn't define this.
However, the case is just the same in the case of no offer. The
Responding RMS (RRMS) has to create a sequence. I'm guessing that
without out-of-band information the RRMS is going to send the CSM to the
ReplyTo. It still has to decide for which response messages to use that
sequence. I don't believe that Offer adds any further unclarity to this
part of the spec.

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle