Subject: RE: [ws-rx] issue 84 proposal for rms colums e-h

Hi all,

As i084 is back up for debate this week, I thought that I'd try and restart this email thread. I agree with Doug, I think that the text in Section 4.7 is clear (line 752 - 754 in CD2). To repeat:

This fault is sent by an RM Destination to indicate that the specified sequence has been closed. This fault
MUST be generated when an RM Destination is asked to receive a message for a sequence that is
closed.

This also couples with the text in lines 364 - 368:

Upon receipt of this message, or
subsequent to the RM Destination closing the Sequence of its own volition, the RM Destination MUST
include a final SequenceAcknowledgement (that MUST include the <wsrm:Final> element) header block
on each message destined to the RM Source, including the CloseSequenceResponse message and on
any Sequence Fault transmitted to the RMS.

So what happens if the RMS receives a SequenceClosedFault?

I'd say that the RMS now knows that the RMD view of the Sequence is that it is closed, and don't think that there can be any other interpretation. Thanks to the second quotation, we also know that the RMS has 'final' ack state for the sequence.  The RMS is now free to do whatever it thinks it should with that information, and I don't think the spec needs to say any more.

So, I'm sticking to my proposal, e.g. close with no action. However, I'm happy to hear counter proposals, and I'd be interested to see concrete proposals for replacement / additional text to help clarify.

Bob, do you have any ideas you'd like to circulate before the call? I don't see any reason to object, if you come up with some clearer text.

Thanks

Matt

Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>

19/01/2006 22:34

ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org
RE: [ws-rx] issue 84 proposal for rms colums e-h

But your proposal doesn't say what the RMS should do with it - it just repeats what was said

before - that the sequence is closed.  :-)

-Doug