Subject: Issue i078: Lost TerminateSequence -- proposal

All,

Bob, Marc and I were given an AI at the last F2F to come up with a
concrete proposal for i078 [1]. After some email discussion amongst us
we came up with the following proposal to resolve i078. Please note that
this does not contain exact text changes with line number. I would like
to see if folks agree on the general direction before sending out exact
text change.

1) Introduce a new wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse message:
<wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse ...>
     <wsrm:Identifier ...> xs:anyURI </wsrm:Identifier>
</wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse>

2) A <wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse> is sent in the body of a response
message by an RM Destination in response to receipt of a
<wsrm:TerminateSequence> request message. I.e., it is not sent to AcksTo
EPR but to the sender of the wsrm:TerminateSequence message (similar to
the wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse message)

3) We do *not* say anything about whether
wsrm:TerminateSequence/wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse are
synchronous/asynchronous/one-way/req-res message-exchanges. That would
depend on the underlying binding/transport that is used and not relevant
to the WSRM spec.

4) The RMS *may* retransmit the wsrm:TerminateSequence message if it
does not receive the wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse message (either
because the wsrm:TerminateSequence message got lost or the
wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse message got lost).

5) The RMD on receiving a wsrm:TerminateSequence message for a Sequence
that has already been terminated (eg. for the case when RMD terminated
the Sequence and sent the wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse message, but
that message got lost) or for an unknown sequence, responds with a
wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse message or generates a fault.

Comments?

-Anish
--

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i078