Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Issue i078: Lost TerminateSequence -- proposal

Anish,
  One question, does the terminateSeqResponse have a wsa:RelatesTo?  Your 3rd bullet makes me wonder about whether something special is goning on here since we don't go out of our way to say anything like this about the CreateSeq or CloseSeq messages.
thanks,
-Doug

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

01/26/2006 02:47 PM

wsrx <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
[ws-rx] Issue i078: Lost TerminateSequence -- proposal

All,

Bob, Marc and I were given an AI at the last F2F to come up with a
concrete proposal for i078 [1]. After some email discussion amongst us
we came up with the following proposal to resolve i078. Please note that
this does not contain exact text changes with line number. I would like
to see if folks agree on the general direction before sending out exact
text change.

1) Introduce a new wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse message:
<wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse ...>
    <wsrm:Identifier ...> xs:anyURI </wsrm:Identifier>
</wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse>

2) A <wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse> is sent in the body of a response
message by an RM Destination in response to receipt of a
<wsrm:TerminateSequence> request message. I.e., it is not sent to AcksTo
EPR but to the sender of the wsrm:TerminateSequence message (similar to
the wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse message)

3) We do *not* say anything about whether
wsrm:TerminateSequence/wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse are
synchronous/asynchronous/one-way/req-res message-exchanges. That would
depend on the underlying binding/transport that is used and not relevant
to the WSRM spec.

4) The RMS *may* retransmit the wsrm:TerminateSequence message if it
does not receive the wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse message (either
because the wsrm:TerminateSequence message got lost or the
wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse message got lost).

5) The RMD on receiving a wsrm:TerminateSequence message for a Sequence
that has already been terminated (eg. for the case when RMD terminated
the Sequence and sent the wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse message, but
that message got lost) or for an unknown sequence, responds with a
wsrm:TerminateSequenceResponse message or generates a fault.

Comments?

-Anish
--

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i078