Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Issue i078: Lost TerminateSequence -- proposal

ok - that clears it up.  I think CS/CSR is clearly a req/res and as long as TS/TSR is too then ok.
I don't think we need to talk about wsa:RelatesTo - its just implied by using WSA.
-Doug

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

01/26/2006 03:33 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [ws-rx] Issue i078: Lost TerminateSequence -- proposal

Doug,

The TerminateSequence/TerminateSequenceResponse message pairs are meant
to be similar to the the CS/CSR pair. The reason for the 3rd bullet was
to capture the discussion that we had during the F2F and because the
previous proposal from Bob required it to be synchronous. I would
imagine that nothing in the 3rd bullet needs to be translated into
spec-ese. The intent of the bullet was to clarify the distinction
between this proposal and the previous proposal. I should also clarify
that the 'one-way/req-response' in the 3rd bullet refers to the
underlying transport protocol. I.e. one can use TS/TSR irrespective of
whether you use a inherently one-way transport protocol such as UDP or
inherently req-res transport protocol such as HTTP (same as CS/CSR).
Make sense?

BTW, for the CS/CSR we don't say anything about the wsa:RelatesTo, but
in the examples (appendix B) we do include it. Don't we need to specify
that?

-Anish