Subject: Re: [ws-rx] [NEW ISSUE]: Suggest the restricted use of anonymousURI

Doug

I'd like to start a more concrete discussion on the use of anon-reply-to
for two way communications.

The question is what level of reliability can be achieved in this
scenario. All the response messages must be piggybacked onto synchronous
transport responses. The reliability fails if there are no longer
synchronous request messages on which to piggyback responses. However,
this is identical to the situation where one end goes down. Before we
deleted them, the delivery assurances talked of either messages being
delivered reliably *or a fault being raised on one or both ends* (or
words to that effect). In the case where the respondingRMS cannot send
ackRequests it can raise a fault - just as it would if it could not
complete an ackRequest against a real URI.

Although I don't think we've fully worked through the scenarios around
this case, Stefan has promised to produce one for the interop. If that
fails then I'd like to re-address this concern. I certainly think that
the spec needs tightening up - especially around the Offer - to make
this work, but I do not agree with the current proposal, which limits
this case unnecessarily.

Paul

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle