Subject: Re: [ws-rx] i021 proposal

Paul,
  I'm just looking at the other ws-* specs w.r.t. policy and they don't seem to make the
kind of distinctions we're thinking about making.  Either 'foo' is on or off - that's about
all they say - and its very simple.  If we deviate from that pattern we run the risk of
RM being a special case.  If we believe those other specs are wrong then we should
push the policy experts to agree to that and then we can be the first to "do it right", but
until then I'm not keen on RM being the oddball.
-Doug

Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com>

02/10/2006 08:45 AM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [ws-rx] i021 proposal

Doug, Umit,

I think there is a simplicity to this. What you are sating is that there
is no way of expressing in a req-resp WSDL the fact that both directions
are expected to be reliable.
That may be a logical conclusion but its not clear that it fits the
expected usage of RM in a req-resp scenario.

Paul

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle