Subject: RE: [ws-rx] i021 proposal

If ReplyTo is anonymous when a message is sent, it does not make sense
to me to allow this case.  How can you CS on a ReplyTo/anonymous when
the response is not reliable...

The issue there is actually related to other issues and discussions:

"Do we envision reliable messaging to require asynchronous message
exchanges" or do we allow SOAP/HTTP sync responses (not acks) in the
mix? I believe this gem is hidden within Doug's other issues with
anonymous.

If you agree that reliable messaging is only possible with asynchronous
message exchange, my concern wrt (b) becomes irrelevant. I would see no
problem in allowing outbound messages to have RM assertions.

Perhaps that is what you are getting at as well, but I can not tell.

> I don't really get your case (c) below. Can you elaborate on that?

I had WSDL 2.0 MEPs in mind, or rather what is expressable with WSDL
MEPs where an operation may have multiple input and output messages.
Again, if you start from the assumption that all message exchanges
defined for the MEP are asynchronous and not relying on the backchannel,
again I think the issue will be mute.

> Marc Goodner
> Technical Diplomat
> Microsoft Corporation