Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Raleigh F2F Concerns

Yes - sorry - Citizens of those 3 places.  And yes this would also apply to the Tx meeting as well (dunno about SX).  For those who want to see the full security "alert", its:

ALERT:  Please be aware of the following RTP site security requirements for all visitors to the RTP IBM Site. These requirements apply to all visitors to the RTP IBM Software Executive Briefing Center. All visitors must be registered and added to the online Visitor Database. To facilitate this process all visitors will be required to check in with the RTP Software Executive Briefing Center receptionist. All visitors who are not US Citizens will be required to provide their country of citizenship and date of birth. The IBM Account Representative can provide the citizenship and date of birth information to the assigned Software Briefing Manager before the visit to allow for pre-registration and to avoid delays at check in. Please take note that for those with citizenships of China, Hong Kong and Macao there are additional steps to take in order to process your guests 30 days before the briefing.

while its not stated in here, it was hinted to me that non-US citizens should bring their passports with them to the meeting - just in case.

thanks
-Doug

"Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>

03/01/2006 04:34 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
RE: [ws-rx] Raleigh F2F Concerns

> anyone from China, Hong Kong or Macao

Surely you need to be clearer.  Do you mean anyone that is a citizen of China or these two special administrative region of Chinas?  What if they were born there but are now a citizen of another country?

Do you know if this rule applies to the TX meeting that also is being held in Raleigh or to the SX meeting being held in Austin?

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329

mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com