Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Clarifications on two-way and anonymous clients

Stefan Batres wrote:

> All,

Few comments/questions in=line

> In the last interop call there were several questions on */how to/*
> support anonymous clients and two-way operations. It has also been
> noted that clarifying this usage of the protocol is needed to think
> about issues i089 and i090. Here are some clarifications to points
> that have been raised as a result of the interop call and the
> discussion on this list (thx to Dug for compiling the list of questions).
>
> 1. How does the offered seq get shutdown? ie. how does the RMD send a
> terminate back to the RMS?
>
> In the submitted version of the spec, the RMD sent a TerminateSequence
> for the offered sequence on the response of the HTTP connection that
> carried a TerminateSequence from the client for the requested
> sequence. The RMD was forced to terminate its sequence when the client
> terminated its. In the new version of the spec, we have the
> TerminateSequenceResponse to worry about. I envisioned opening a new
> issue to add another final exchange, one for the responses. A client
> “requests” a TSR for the server’s TS, the server then “replies” with a
> TSR for the client’s original TS.

However, the "rmd" would have to send a "replyTo" epr with the place for
the "client" to send the TSR corresponding to the offered sequence TS?

> 2. How can the RMD close the offered sequence if it needs to?
>
> The RMD can close the sequence whenever it wants – the question is how
> it tells the client. The answer is that it would have to wait for the
> client to make a request. At that point, the RMD would respond with a
> CloseSequence message that may potentially piggy-back-acknowledge the
> sequence message that may have been carried by the request. The RMS
> will now have to deal with this as it sees fit – close its sequence,
> fault, keep using its sequence for one-way messages only, etc.

Same comment as on 1: the "rmd" would have to send a "replyTo" epr with
the place for the "client" to send the CSR corresponding to the offered
sequence CS?