Subject: Issue i098 - This is about protocol vs. sequence faults

The issue says “sequence” and “non-sequence” faults, I would characterize it more as protocol vs. sequence faults though.

I agree that the text referred to is garbled, I think the editor may have already made a change to that text to try to improve it. If so could one of the editors provide that to the list so we can discuss this with the most recent language in the spec?

It seems to me that if this text is fixed, i.e. that it is referring to protocol operation faults, that is probably sufficient. Are you suggesting that more needs to be done? For example do you think that every fault needs to be annotated in the spec as to whether it is a protocol or sequence fault?

Marc Goodner

Technical Diplomat

Microsoft Corporation

Tel: (425) 703-1903