Subject: Re: [ws-rx] An alternative approach to make anon reply-to and syncrm work

Tom

Answers inline.

Tom Rutt wrote:
> I assume we are talking about a wsdl resquest/response operation,
> which is using ws-rm for both the request and response, the offer is
> used in
> the create sequence from the reqest sender to the request receiver,
> and the sequence from request sender to request receiver is using the
> anon acks to for the request.
Yes. At least some of the operations involved are two-way. Of course
some may have alternative MEPs.
> Now it is not stated, but I assume the acks to for the offer sequence
> must be an asych callback (i.e., not anonymous).
Yes. The acksTo for the offered sequence is a real address (e.g. the
same address as the server).

> I interpret this case to state that the rmd has to respond to
> pigybaccked http requests in the same order they are received.
I'm not sure I understand this sentence.
> Now
> I assume that anon acks to means that the ack header can apear on any
> http response which has a request carrying that sequence number in a
> sequence or ackrequested header.
Yes I agree.
> Also, I cannot see a useful scenario for sending the ack before
> sending the response for a given request message.
There is no useful scenario. However, if the client sent a request-two
before it had got response-1, it may get an ack for request-2 but no ack
for request-1.
> In face I see a case for having the ack send only after multiple
> response are sent, on any one of the responses for that sequence.
I think the server should ack whatever messages its RMD has received on
any response to that sequence. But I don't see the ack behaviour should
be different to an ordinary sequence.
> I thought the original request sender could send an ack requested
> without a message body or sequence header, thus there would be no
> message number for the sequence.  Thus the request sender can request
> acks at any time.
I agree the client can request acks any time.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/bloglines/pzf