Subject: Re: [ws-rx] i021 proposal update

I don't quite see the problem here. If the WSDL/policy processor sees
the RM assertion on the WSDL message and doesn't understand it then it
won't even know that RM is supported/required. If the processor does not
support message-level assertions then it won't be able to use that endpoint.

I'm also not sure how backward compat requirement is relevant here. We
are introducing a new QName (distinct from the submission QName) here
for the assertion. Either the WSDL/Policy processor understands it or not.

The important thing here is that if someone really has message-level
assertions and no binding/port level assertion and the RMS does not
support/recognize them then it has no information about whether RM is
supported/required by the RMD. This is no different than not having the
WSDL/policy available.

-Anish