Subject: Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Sequence state in event of MessageNumberRollover

Paul,
  I think option 'a' is the way to go.  One minor, hopefully friendly ammendment, what do you think about adding a new element to the Details part of that fault to include the max message #?  Right now an impl may, due to impl constraints, only support numbers less than the 9,xxx,xxx... # we mention in the spec.  Allowing the RMD to tell the RMS what the actual max # is would be helpful to the RMS.
thanks,
-Doug

Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com>

04/06/2006 03:24 PM

wsrx <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
[ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Sequence state in event of MessageNumberRollover

Title: Sequence state in event of MessageNumberRollover

The spec doesn't talk about what the continued state of a sequence is
after MessageNumberRollover.

Justification:
The state tables have an entry that is not clear. We ought to define
what the state is after a rollover.

Target: core design

Proposal:

At line 519 after the following sentence:
If the message number exceeds the internal limitations of an RM Source
or RM Destination or reaches the maximum value of
9,223,372,036,854,775,807 the RM Source or Destination MUST issue a
MessageNumberRollover fault.

Add one of:

(a) In this case the RM Destination should continue to accept
undelivered messages until the Sequence is closed or terminated

(b) In this case the RM Destination should Close the Sequence.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/bloglines/pzf