Subject: Issue 115 mU RM attribute questions

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i115

OK, so why is extensibility in RM so different from any other WS protocol that we need to add an attribute that essentially re-invents the SOAP semantics within the SOAP envelope? Was an attribute like this ever suggested within the SOAP itself? I assume we’ll have to revisit that entire discussion if it was.

I’m very concerned that this changes the common semantics of extensibility points if this is adopted. This seems like it would have major implementation impacts.

Marc Goodner

Technical Diplomat

Microsoft Corporation

Tel: (425) 703-1903