Subject: RE: [ws-rx] issue 115: clarifying question

One comment:

From: Christopher B Ferris [mailto:chrisfer@us.ibm.com]
[stuff removed]

My principal concern with a wsrm:mustUnderstand is that it changes the parsing/processing model of the
messages from what is currently the case for every SOAP stack. Significantly.

I don't understand why this would change the parsing/processing model of everyone's SOAP stack, "wsrm:mU" is strictly a matter for the RMS or RMD to interpret. No one is calling for "the SOAP dispatcher" (or a conceptually similar component) to look for, notice, or otherwise have anything to do with elements with the attribute "wsrm:mU". Maybe I should have made it clear that "wsrm:mU" is to be used solely with elements that extend WS-RM defined components; it is not intended as a general-purpose extension mechanism.

-gp