Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Minimalist GetMessage proposal: the anon use case

Hi Jacques,

As Doug has already replied, I think that you may have misunderstood the purpose of wsrm:Offer/wsrm:Endpoint. The text describing that EPR is talking about protocol messages, not application messages that are assigned to the sequence.

Consider the case where a client has made an offer to a server, and everything is addressable (no need to worry about anon here!). The client sends request messages within the outbound sequence, and reply messages are: a) directed to a reply EPR as per WS-Addressing; b) assigned to any sequence that the server chooses (probably the offered sequence, but is has freedom here).
Ack messages for the outbound sequence go to the wsrm:CreateSequence/wsrm:AcksTo, and ack messages for the offered sequence go to wsrm:Accept/wsrm:AcksTo.

So far so good. If the client wants to send a Close or Terminate message for the outbound sequence then they send it to the same EPR that they used for the Create (it seems reasonable to assume that this EPR will still be there). However, before we introduced the wsrm:Offer/wsrm:Endpoint, the server didn't have an EPR to send a Close or Terminate for the offered sequence. As Doug said, we could have assumed that the replyTo from the Create was stable, but that seemed a stretch too far, so we added the wsrm:Endpoint EPR instead.

Perhaps the text needs some more elaboration, or the name 'Endpoint' is not intuitive enough? If anyone has suggestions for clarification then I'm sure it would improve the spec.

Cheers,

Matt