Subject: Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Inefficient close/terminate of offered sequences

Paul,

On 17/05/06 10:16, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> Finally, Your statement that the originator should not be able to
> terminate contradicts the spec. Either side can terminate the spec at
> any time.
Section 3.3 of WD12 (and on) seems very clear to me.  Only the RM Source
may terminate a sequence, at least when using the terminate sequence
request.

I believe the implicit assumption here is the RM Source shouldn't have
any resources it needs to reclaim associated with a closed sequence.
Therefore, the RM Destination need only inform the RM Source of closure
(using a Final sequence acknowledgement) in regular processing.  The
Sequence Terminated Fault covers other cases.

Again, I don't see the issue you have stated.  Mechanisms which are
needed for clean closure and termination of sequences in either
direction already exist.

thanx,
    doug