Subject: i119 - discussion of ballot

On last Thursday's call (or perhaps it was in the webconf) someone asked why this issue wasn't seen during the interop - I wanted to address this.  During the interop we only tested the most basic of scenarios and in particular single endpoint to endpoint testing.  i119 will most likely show itself in cases where an RMS is running in a clustered environment - clearly not something we would normally test during an interop.  In such an environment the wsa:Address of the acksTo might be common across all endpoints behind the gateway/cluster and the routing may be based on reference parameters.  So, as a result if the only thing an RMD examined when determining whether or not to piggy-back Acks was just the wsa:Address then the Acks might flow to the wrong back-end machine (if each one had its own RM state).  And of course, the reverse can be true for SeqAck if the RMD was behind in a clustered environment as well.  This is why its dangerous to not have some form of EPR comparing (aside from just the wsa:Address) when making these determinations.