Subject: Re: [ws-rx] i093 cardinality replacements

Marc,

On 24/05/06 13:21, Marc Goodner wrote:
> I don't like 4.

Could you be a bit more specific?

> I'm not sure I understand 5, it seems to remove the 2119 language
> regarding cardinality but it doesn't seem to work for the content.
> So this example:
> /wsrm:CreateSequence/wsrm:Offer/wsrm:Identifier
> This REQUIRED element MUST contain an absolute URI conformant with
> RFC3986 [URI] that uniquely identifies the offered Sequence.
>
> Would become:
> /wsrm:CreateSequence/wsrm:Offer/wsrm:Identifier
> The cardinality of this element is 1. When present this element MUST
> contain an absolute URI conformant with RFC3986 [URI] that uniquely
> identifies the offered Sequence.

Your replacement still has the element taking an action. It's the sender
or receiver of that element which MUST do something. In this case, the
RMS MUST give it a particular type of value when using this element. A
better replacement using the (5) model would be:

    The cardinality of this element is 1. An RMS MUST set the value of
    this element to an absolute URI conformant with RFC3986 [URI] that
    uniquely identifies the offered Sequence.

> I really dislike 6.

OK, I think I remember why but could you remind me?

thanx,
doug